Interest Rate Hedging
Chatham is the world’s largest independent provider of interest rate risk advisory services. After assessing a client’s risks, objectives and constraints, we help identify the various tools that address the risks — whether interest rate swaps, caps, collars, or a wide range of other risk management solutions.
“Since 1995, Chatham has been our group of go-to guys for all things related to interest rate and currency risk management.”
Clients partner with us to address a wide range of risks. Examples include the following:
- Real estate developer hedging variable rate construction loan
- Emerging markets investor hedging interest rate and currency risk by funding investment with EUR debt, hedged via a cross currency swap to replicate locally denominated debt
- Pan-European shopping centre developer hedging debt portfolio
- Consumer payments network hedging ATM business
- Infrastructure company hedging long-term debt
- Logistics company hedging fixed-rate bond issuances
Once a hedging strategy has been selected, Chatham will work to arrange credit, negotiate documentation, and efficiently execute each transaction – whether through competitive auction or negotiation.
Additionally, Chatham brings a vast array of resources to bear in ensuring that your company executes the right derivative, at the right price, on fair terms. Such resources may include deep analytic capabilities to help assess your company’s risk profile before and after a hedge is put in place. Further, clients rely on Chatham’s web-based portfolio management platform to track their derivatives portfolio, receive accounting advice, valuations and journal entries, reconcile bank payment notices, perform shock analyses, retrieve transaction documents, and much more.
Chatham seeks to be an extension of your finance team – a partner who solely represents your interests as you navigate complex capital markets issues.